Before Care and After Care Program
Please call the school office for more information, 225-293-1298. Susan Giles is the Before and After Care Director. Her e-mail address: Susan.Giles@sgschoolbr.org. If you need to contact aftercare during 3:30 PM -6:00 PM, please call 225-315-2262.
$ 30.00 for one child OR
$ 40.00 per family
Before/After Care Plans
Plan A Full-time Before Care
Plan B Part-time Before Care ($2.50/child/day; billed at the end of the month)
Plan C Full-time After Care (5:30 pickup)
Plan D Full-time After Care (6:00 pickup)
Plan E Part-time After Care ($8/child/day; billed at the end of the month)
1. To provide a service for working parents
2. To provide a loosely structured program in a comfortable and familiar environment.
3. To provide increased opportunities for children to participate in extra-curricular activities.
1. Before school care begins at 6:45 AM St. George School Time. Children may get out of the car when the 6:45AM bell rings.
2. After Care hours are until 5:30 PM (plan C and E) and 6:00 PM (plan D only). Enrollment in Plan D is required upon 5th late pickup. The program does not operate on holidays or early dismissal days.
3. The After-School Program has three basic components: A) Snack; b) indoor and outdoor activities and c) homework time for students in 2nd – 8th grade
4. Making arrangements for extra-curricular activities is the responsibility of the parent. The After Care Director must be notified of these events in writing, including the name of the person responsible for signing out. A coach or other responsible adult must sign out the children leaving After Care for an activity. Children are never “sent” to an activity without being signed out. Arrangements should be made with an adult to ensure the safe arrival of children returning to After Care from an activity.
5. Children will only be released to those people authorized in writing by a parent or guardian. E-mailed letters will not be accepted. The authorized pickup list for school carpool or emergencies does not apply to After Care pickup.
6. Children who choose not to follow rules will be given time out. Children who continue to make poor choices regarding rules will have activities restricted. If poor behavior continues a student may be subject to suspension or expulsion from the program. Fighting will result in an immediate suspension or expulsion from the program. Bullying will not be tolerated.
7. Only children who are enrolled may attend the program. Arrangements for overnight guests must be made outside of the program.
8. Parents should refrain from talking on their cell phone during sign out and pickup. Your child has been at school all day and is anxious to see you. Please give them the attention they deserve.
Drop Off/Pickup Policies
1. Before-Care children may not be dropped off before 6:45 AM (School Clock Time).
2. Afternoon Pickup:
A) Sign out begins at 3:20PM. If you need your child before this time, please arrange for your child to be picked up in the carpool line.
B) Your child will be called for you while you wait.
C) Escort your child to your vehicle
Handicap parking spaces are for the sole use of handicapped people.